We will continue to update this post over the next few days as the storm approaches.
Check out the Current Weather in Orlando Visit the National Weather Service for the most up-to-date information.
NEED GAS? CLICK HERE TO USE GASBUDDY.COM’S INTERACTIVE MAP. Suspect someone of price gauging? Report them to Pam Bondi’s new price-gouging hotline at (866)-9-NO-SCAM.
All tolls across the state of Florida have been suspended.
The City of Orlando issued a statement at 4:44 p.m. Tuesday, September 5 that they are in monitoring level and are taking simple precautionary measures against potential impacts from Hurricane Irma. Stay up-to-date with the City of Orlando through their social media channels; facebook.com/cityoforlando.
Both the City of Winter Park and the City of Orlando are dispensing sandbags to residents who provide valid identification.
- Winter Park residents can get up to 12 bags per person between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Wednesday, September 6 to Friday, September 8 at the Public Works Compound located at 1409 Howell Branch Road [GMap].
- Orlando residents can receive 10 bags per address with proof of residents between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Thursday, September 7 and Friday, September 8 at the City of Orlando Streets and Stormwater Division located at 1010 Woods Avenue [GMap].
Other helpful hints:
- Conserve water – leave tasks like washing laundry, dishes, cars, and yachts until after the storm has passed.
- Tie down and secure loose outdoor equipment and materials.
- Keep a disaster kit stocked with water, food, first aid supplies, clothing, bedding, tools, and special items in case of evacuation.
- Zephyrhills has a delivery service.
- Amazon’s PrimeNow service is still delivering groceries, including beverages.
Orlando businesses responds:
- Ten 10 Brewery is offering to free any growlers, jugs, tubs, and containers with clean water from their water filtration system for free. They are located at 1010 Virginia Drive [GMap].
- Dandelion Communitea Cafe is also offering their kitchen facilities to fill water jugs. They’re located at 618 N. Thornton Avenue [GMap].
- The Thirsty Topher is offering to fill water containers as well. They are located at 601 Virginia Drive [Gmap].
- The UCF vs. Memphis football game is being rescheduled at a later date. They are still finding a new venue, according to Orlando Weekly. UPDATE – According to the Orlando Sentinel the game has been moved to 6:30 p.m. on Friday.
- Rollins College has cancelled classes for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- GRINDR the Opera at Parliament House has been postponed until September 15.
- Barry University closing Florida locations starting Thursday until further notice.
- Orange County school sporting events previously scheduled for Friday have been moved to Thursday.
The post What Orlandoans need to know about Hurricane Irma – updates and closures appeared first on bungalower.